ASET Leadership Academy
Exceptional Leadership: Managing People and Teams - Level I
Exceptional Leadership: Managing People and Teams - Level I is a full-day course that provides an overview of the skills and strategies necessary to manage effectively.
Note: Participants interested in continuing their leadership training may be interested in Exceptional Leadership Level II.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between a technical and leadership role
- Identify the characteristics of effective leadership and what makes an exceptional leader
- Differentiate between formal and informal leaders
- Understand their behavioural style and how it impacts the way they lead others, communicate and work as part of a team (self-awareness)
- List the three communication factors and know how they impact every interpersonal interaction
- Identify the six levels of listening and how they affect communications, rapport and relationships
- Use the conversation model to carry out an effective dialogue with others
- Separate facts, feelings and assumptions to communicate more effectively
- Provide both positive and constructive feedback to others
- Set team norms and expectations (preventative strategies for conflict management)
- Understand the leader’s role in facilitating individual and group accountability, including how to delegate work effectively to others (what to delegate, when, how and to whom)
- Assess whether a team member’s lack of performance is based on motivational issues
- Evaluate a team’s performance and identify what needs to change to move it towards a high performing team
Who Should Attend
The course will be of interest to technology professionals who would like to:
- Enhance their career path
- Develop or enhance leadership skills
- Understand how to successfully manage individuals and teams
- Learn how to communicate effectively as a manager
The course content includes:
- The difference between a technical and leadership role
- Behavioural styles and their impact on leadership and communication
- Characteristics of effective leadership and what makes an exceptional leader
- Communication strategies, including listening, dialogue, and feedback
- Motivation strategies, in particular team strengths, limitations, and performance
What Attendees are Saying
“Presentation of good leadership tools applicable in everyday life and workplace.”
“Excellent course, would love to attend more.”
“I was impressed by the way I was challenged from the minute I walked through the door until the time the course was done.”
“The personal reflection by everyone will help me with my career.”
"Excellent course, well prepared, met all objectives."
||$225 + GST
||$325 + GST
Fees include breakfast, lunch, and course materials.
Non-Members: You may apply the $100 difference in event fee for this course towards your ASET application for C.Tech. or C.E.T. Learn how!
For more information please contact:
Danya Chmelyk, BA
Program Assistant, Education and Special Projects
Phone: (780) 425-0626 | E-mail: email@example.com
About Our Presenter
Julianna Cantwell, CAE, CMI, CCRN, CHRP
Julianna is a Certified Human Resources Professional, Master Instructor and Adult Educator, specializing in training and development for over 15 years. Julianna’s ability to build rapport and engage participants in an interactive learning experience has allowed her to develop long-term relationships with clients such as Global Knowledge and Capital Power, teaching in their leadership and business skills programs. A true training professional, Julianna logs over 100 business days per year conducting training facilitation.