Professional Technologist registration takes your career to the next level. P.Tech.(Eng.)/(Geo.) members have the right to practice engineering or geoscience independently within a defined scope of practice and in accordance with established codes and standards. With this right, a member may sign and stamp their own engineering or geoscience work.
To qualify for P.Tech.(Eng.)/(Geo.) registration applicants must:
- Be C.E.T. members of ASET in good standing
- Be graduates of a 2-year technical post-secondary program
- Have at least 6 years of post-graduate technical engineering or geoscience experience, including at least 2 years under the supervision of an Alberta P.Eng. or P.Geo.
Learn more about the transferability of the P.Tech. designation throughout Canada.
Fees and Dues
|National Professional Practice Exam Fee (includes GST)
|Annual Membership Dues
1. Please be advised that application and exam fees are non-refundable.
2. Starting 1 January 2022, the NPPE will increase to $262.50.
Applying for Additional/Revised Scope
Existing P.Tech.(Eng.)/(Geo.) members who would like to add a scope or revise an existing scope of practice must reapply in full following the current application process, including references.
Scope changes are considered to be new scopes of practice and must go through the same review process as new scopes of practice.
Reinstatement of Membership
For more information about reinstatement, please refer to our Reinstatement page.